Friday, December 3, 2010

Big changes in life...

Well the horrible has hit... Jason's couple of students he had have now run out of money, meaning he is out of work for the most part. UGH! Although a baby would have been a really great thing to add to our family right now, we are not going to try anytime soon. Thank you money problems!!! So, after much deliberation, I have decided to officially submit my candidacy for Team Lead position at work (again). I was Team Lead there for about a year and a few months just before I got pregnant with Kingston. I honestly don't mind the job at all. It puts me in a position of authority and I already know how to do all the necessary paperwork, scheduling, etc that go along with it. So, I think this will be a good thing. The hours will be great. I am currently working about 10 hours a week and this will put me at 32 hours a week. It will be hard to get back into that many hours, especially having another kid this go around, but I am excited to make more money. We're talking quadrupling my income. It still won't make up for Jason's but it will help a lot! So, I just have to wait until Tiffany says "yes" or "no" to it. She is conducting "interviews" in a week or two and, so far, I am the only one interested, so we'll see! Hopefully nobody else goes for it and it can be an easy process! Ah, the joys of life and money! One day we will dig out of our financial rut and be making big money- you know, when Jay hits 2,000 or 3,000 flight hours and can be an AirMed pilot (this is his goal). However, he is sitting at just under 900 hours right now, so it'll be a few years. Until then, we will hang on by our thread and keep deliberating when to expand our family. The only problem is that a month ago, I was anti-anymore kids. Now, I'm crazy baby hungry. A few months from now, I may turn the tables again and we may not ever have anymore. We'll see... if anyone reads this, I love you for it! I know I'm fairly boring and complain a lot, but I appreciate people who listen to me. xoxo Christy

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about money ruining family plans. Eko is almost 4 and we were trying for baby #2 but had to put that on hold because of money. We just can's do it cause work has really slowed down so poor eko will probably be 5 by the time we give him a sibling. Just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the job! It sounds like your family needs it too. Plus, who doesn't love you as Team Lead at the playroom? Yeah. Everyone loves you.
    Babies are hard. But you know what- Whenever they come it all works out good! :)

    ReplyDelete