Monday, November 29, 2010

Golds Gym and Zumba!

I have decided to do 2 posts in one day! Crazy, maybe? I don't really know how this blogging works anyways, so I'll make my own rules... I feel a need to spotlight my favorite hobby~working out~
Yes, that's a strange hobby to call my favorite, but I have fallen in love with the gym! Up until after I had Ashton, I didn't workout a day in my life-aside from PE in school- and I didn't really need to. Now, I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I just didn't. After my little angel was born, I started working out like once a week or something. That is where I got the idea to work at the gym. I needed somewhere to work where I could take my then 1 year old boy and Golds Gym playroom offered that! YAY! I have worked there 3 years now and couldn't be happier.

However that is beside the point! My point here is that since I've had Kingston, I have grown to LOVE working out! At Golds they offer the most amazing classes! I have literally developed an obsession with zumba and pilates is quickly turning into one as well! It started with 4 weeks after my little Kingers came along... I began going to a Power Pump class about twice a week and decided to try my hand at this whole zumba thing... Honestly, I wasn't all too impressed with my first experience, due to being in the wrong frame of mind and feeling absolutely ridiculous! However, I decided to give it another try and went into it making sure to stay serious and try to get some good cardio in! I fell in love! I literally was hooked! I began going to about 4 classes a week along with my 2 power pumps. At one point, I became obsessed with working out, to the point of doing 2-3 classes a day. I tried pump, zumba, spin(which is amazing but kicks my trash so hard I just can't bring myself to do it anymore), and sometimes just ran for the fun of it. I would go to 6am spin, 5:45pm pump, and 8:15pm zumba almost every single day.
Well, you can imagine this became a little bit much! I felt like I was turning into a crazy person that couldn't even focus on my kids or husband! So, I toned it down a notch and started working out once a day-sometimes twice. This is where I changed my workout times and became obsessed (yes, I admit) with Allison's zumba classes! I love her energy and choreography and the fact that I can keep up with her, rather than fall a little behind like I was doing before. And, she is SO nice to everyone in class! Knows you by name, takes a second to chit chat with you, etc. She is the most amazing zumba instructor! So, from zumba came pilates. She teaches pilates too so I thought "if she is this great here, I need to try pilates". And, I fell in love with it the 1st time I tried it! It kicked my butt, yes, however it was an amazing feeling when I left!
My typical day includes a zumba class, or a mix of zumba and pilates. I have also recently gotten into R.I.P.P.E.D which is a "one stop body shop" and is AMAZING! I only wish they had more than one class a week for it!
To sum up this huge post, I would just like to tell you that I love working out! I love the feeling I get dancing around or crunching my core so hard I can barely breathe! I LOVE ZUMBA! I LOVE PILATES and I LOVE GOLDS GYM for making them possible for me! On the downside, if I really choose to have another baby, there goes all my hard work LOL! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment