Monday, November 29, 2010

UPDATE


Okay, okay, so I clearly failed at the blog thing! My last post was September last year!!!! lol... I told people this would not be something I could keep up, but nobody listened! Anyhow, I will update you all on life- even though you probably know everything due to facebook!

Since September last year, our little Kingers was born! Probably around the time we made this
blog, we had found out in-utero that Kingston had a dilated left kidney. They call this hydronephrosis. There wasn't anything that could be done or even more details on it until he was born at least. So, at 3 days old, King had an ultrasound to determine if the kidney was the same. It was actually worse! They referred us to Primary Children's Medical Center Urology and we went from there. On January 12, Kingers underwent a few tests to find out what the problem was and what could be done to fix it. We were told he needed surgery to drain his kidney. SO, at only 7 weeks old, my little man went in for surgery. I actually ended up using that day to write a pap
er for English. It was a terrible, nerve-racking experience to see your tiny little baby who can't even hold his head steady go into surgery! The recovery was even worse and more sad! Surgery went well though and after 2 weeks with a stent, Kingers was a lot better. His kidney will never fully function(only about 45% actually), but they say as long as it doesn't get worse, they aren't concerned with the dilation it still has. He goes back every year now for a check up! Whew!


There was also a minor surgery involved with Ashton this year! He went to his very first dentist's visit and had 8 cavities! (yes, terrible parents here lol)... So, he had to be put under to fix them. That experience was hard as well, but mostly funny! Ashton was a crack up on his anesthesia! He was saying all sorts of funny things, so it kept the mood light :)
As you can see, they are both totally fine! Ashton loves his little brother! He does get a little rough with him from time to time, but Kingers laughs and follows his around all day! I couldn't be happier to have my two little angels in my life!
One more big thing that went on in our life was getting rid of Harley! We came to the decision after a good friend of ours offered to babysit him while we went on a week vacation and ended up falling in love with him! His dog also loved the company. We were getting stressed with him and he wasn't getting the love and attention we used to be able to give him, so after a lot of deliberation and sadness, we took him to the Rabans house in Am Fork for their little girl's birthday! The smile on her face was priceless and it eased our sadness a lot! We have definitely missed him but life is a lot easier without having to worry about letting him out all the time, keeping him happy and playing with him, and trying to juggle him and the 2 boys. I think of him from time to time and get extremely sad but I know he is very happy with his other friend and his little girl to play with him all the time!

Lastly, a somewhat new announcement that even facebook doesn't know about, although I was completely against any more kids after the ordeal we went through with Kingston, Jay and I have talked it over and we actually would like to try and have another one sometime next year, so please stay tuned to my blog and I promise I will try a lot harder to update it often!!!





2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog, Christy. Your boys are so stinkin' cute! (But... you already know that.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks Jen! I only wish it could be as awesome as yours is!

    ReplyDelete