Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm finding myself completely in love with the song "So Obvious" by Runner Runner. I know it's totally a radio hit, but let's face it, I'm a music person- whether it's super popular or completely underground- so I LOVE IT! It makes me think of Jay and how much I love him! I just wanted to spotlight my wonderful husband today! Jay and I knew each other in high school down in little old Manti. We didn't speak a single word to each other then, but he claims he thought I was hot...lol. I graduated in 2004 and was working at Western Wats call center in Ephraim as a supervisor. Jason started working there in 2005 and we talked a little bit. Then, I started taking guitar lessons from his little brother, who is very musically talented. They didn't last long, because I am musically UN talented(yes, I'm aware that is not perfect grammar). So, I suppose I felt some sort of entitlement to be able to start talking to Jay and ended up hanging out with him. Now, at this time, I was going through a divorce and Jay had a sort-of girlfriend...yes, we were bad! So, Jay broke off things with his "friend" and I kept trying to rush my divorce so we could just be together. We made things more official on Halloween and it's been 5 years since then. Jay is my rock! He is the best dad in the world, he puts up with my nasty mood swings, and he works harder than anyone I know. Jay has been a helicopter pilot/flight instructor for 2 years now and is so dedicated to his career! It's feast or famine right now, but his hard work will pay off very well in about a year. Once he hits 1,000 flight hours, he has his eye on two jobs. 1.) Las Vegas doing Grand Canyon tours... yes, we'd pick up and move. 2.) Saudi Arabia working 6 weeks on/6 weeks off flying the big "birds" for I think an oil company... sadly, we would not pick up and move. I would live somewhere of my choice and Jay would come back every 6 weeks to see us! Kind of crappy but it's very good money and we could take nice vacations every 6 weeks! HECK YES! lol. So, anyhow, I'm very proud of my amazing husband and all that he's accomplished! He's come a long way from the still in high school, has a pregnant girlfriend, and had no plans for the future... he is very responsible and the perfect man! Jason has changed me in so many ways and I love him to the end of the earth and back!
On another note, we put up our tree and although Christmas will be slim this year, I am very excited about the Holiday season- more so than other years! I love the lights, the music, and hot chocolate with marshmallows!
And, then there's my cute little Kingers... He has recently gotten into babbling on the phone. He carries my phone around everywhere he goes and holds it up and babbles. He also likes to have the music turned on- although it is very old stuff on my phone- and he dances and laughs. He is such a cute boy. His smile is priceless and he has such an innocent, unconditional love for all of us that we just die for! Ashton is the same way, but he is starting to reach a stage in his life where he recognizes mean kids at work and says he doesn't like them and stuff. He has always been so good to turn the other cheek, but lately he is fighting back and it breaks my heart when he gets in trouble. He is my big sweetheart though for sure and I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment